Oat Cookie (for Berry Crack Pie)
This is the wonderful crust for my Berry Crack Pie. When you start out with a cookie for a crust, you can't go wrong, can you?
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar tightly packed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (I always use unbleached)
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- preheat the oven to 350 F.
- line a sheet pan with parchment or spray with cooking spray and set aside.
- cream the butter and sugars in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment on medium-high speed for 2-3 minutes until fluffy and pale yellow. stop the mixer and scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula.
- with the mixer on low speed, add the egg yolk and then increase the speed to medium and beat for 1-2 minutes until the mixture is pale white in color.
- continuing to keep the mixer on low speed, add the remaining ingredients and mix for 1-2 minutes until all dry ingredients have been incorporated. stop the mixer and scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula.
- place the cookie dough in the center of the prepared pan and spread out until it is 1/4 inch thick (it will not cover the entire pan).
- bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes or until puffed slightly but set firmly. cool while preparing the filling.
Leave a Reply