Fat Caryn Brownies
This is my version of the famous Fat Witch Brownies. I love the Fat Witch cookbook, but of course I had to tweak their brownie recipe! My sweet tooth is very evident in this recipe, but feel free to substitute bittersweet chocolate chips, if the semi-sweet make these too sweet for you. One of the best things about the Fat Witch cookbook is that all the recipes bake in a 9 X 9 inch pan and the cookbook fits in a 9 X 9 inch pan. That makes the cookbook and a pan the perfect gift!
Servings 12 brownies
- 14 tablespoons unsalted butter (1 3/4 sticks)
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon Godiva white chocolate liquor or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- Spray a 9 X 9 inch baking pan with baking spray (or grease with butter and dust with flour).
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the butter and chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl. Melt in the microwave on high for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until the chocolate chips are melted. Stir in the pinch of salt. Set aside to cool.
- Cream the sugars, eggs, and liquor together in the bowl of an electric mixer. Add in the cooled chocolate mixture and mix until well blended.
- Add the flour to the chocolate mixture and mix the batter until well combined.
- Spread the batter evenly in the prepared baking pan and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (without any batter on it).
- Remove the brownies from the oven and cool 1 hour (or as long as you can wait). Cut the brownies just before serving.
Leave a Reply